DC Cookie

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Am My Own Paparazzi: Hey Sexy DJ

Despite that I'm not really any good at it, I've loved dancing since I was in my mother's womb. I love shaking my toosh, because I love music. All music. Particularly, great trance music. When did I really get hooked? When I met Darude in 2003 and befriended him (to the extent anyone can befriend someone who lives in Finland and only gets to visit me three or four times a year - and by 'me,' I mean, North America).

Jess, Darude - cropped

Jess_Darude_DJ Booth

I digress.

V on the Deck

P4020821

At any rate, my acquaintanceship with Darude gave me a previously misunderstood appreciation for the difficulty of the DJ's employment. He is responsible for the toe tapping of an entire room for several hours back to back. And, if he's any good, he gets to be the center of admiration for those hours. I was hooked on the concept, to the point where I mildly debated getting into the industry myself.

Well, In Hooville, Namaste and I were given the opportunity to live it up Darude style.

IMG_1621

IMG_1624

IMG_1623

IMG_1662

IMG_1626

IMG_1619

I believe I have found my alternate career...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters