DC Cookie

Monday, March 13, 2006

I Can't Say No To Eminem and Nate Dogg

I'm going to see a concert this evening with my girl, and I honestly couldn't even tell you one song the artist sings. The tickets for the show are currently selling on ebay for $200, so maybe I should feel bad that there are big fans out there whose place I'm taking up. Someone asked me this morning why I'm even going, when I'm not familiar with any of the music. Two reasons:

- A date night with my girl is a very difficult thing to pass up.
- I. Love. Dancing.

dancing2

It's a very rare occasion that there is music playing, and I'm not shaking my toosh in the center of the dance floor.

dancing4

Or maybe even up on a podium somewhere. Really, it's pure entertainment.

Dancing1

Live music just gets me going. Whether it's a DJ, or a band, or a string quartet, I've never had a bad time at a concert. From Dubfire to Kanye West. From SOJA to Darude. From Aerosmith to Jill Scott. From Evanescence to Kenin. Every artist has something to offer my inner sense of rhythm. And thus, it is a rare occasion that I'll turn down a concert invite, no matter who the artist.

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters