DC Cookie

Monday, December 18, 2006

Save DC Cookie

My blog is in a state of serious disrepair. For a multitude of reasons, this Cookie has not been able to commit as much time to the effort as I would have in the era pre-beau (despite my continuing love of verbal, narcissistic expression). However, it seems my precious 'DC Cookie' at wanderlust year-end has sputtered into something virtually un-readable. The signs have been evident to everyone but me...

Red flag number one: Roosh shakes hands with my Special and says "pleased to meet the man who represents the demise of DC Cookie's blog."

Red flag number two: DC Cookie is nominated "most likely to stop blogging in 2007."

Red flag number three: Webcowgirl, during a phone conversation over the weekend, mentions that her and her husband had caught up on my blog and she was noticing how 'schmoopie' (euphemism for disgustingly vomit-rendering) it had become. That a newlywed could find my blog 'schmoopie' was the final straw.

Thankfully, the need for an overhaul has come to this writer's attention with just a few sparing moments before extinction...

16 Comments:

  • At December 18, 2006 11:52 AM, Blogger roosh said…

    i'm pretty sure i used the word death instead of demise :)

     
  • At December 18, 2006 11:54 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    I paraphrase.

     
  • At December 18, 2006 2:38 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    "Roosh shakes hands with my Special.."

    I'm getting a feeling that "Special K" could work as a nickname for the BF.

    Try it out for a few days a let me know what you think.

     
  • At December 18, 2006 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY! SAVED FROM EXTINCTION. if only the great auk had the foresight you have.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh you kids!
    I understand if there is no debauchery, than all seems 'boring' -- JUST you all wait until you got two kids. It is darn hard work staying interesting in old age!!!
    I just found your blog, and I lurve it....(and gee - maybe you'll take that as a sure sign of death that the old folks like your blog...but of course I don't see it that way : )
    Cheers!

     
  • At December 19, 2006 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A revolution every once in a while is a good thing. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

     
  • At December 19, 2006 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhh, I like Phil's comment, too...

     
  • At December 19, 2006 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looking forward to the "new and improved" (i always get a kick out of reading or writing that) Cookie blog... re-vamp away my dear, I'm all ears (or eyes?) Holla at ya boy!!

     
  • At December 19, 2006 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Think of the shame you'll bring on Canada if you stop blogging. I imagine it to be comparable to the shame felt when the Winnipeg Jets became the Phoenix Coyotes.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 4:50 PM, Blogger KassyK said…

    There is no way in HELL I would just stand by and let you stop blogging. You are one of my biggest inspirations mama.

    :)Sending love.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 4:52 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Yikes - who said anything about stopping?! I just said 'overhaul,' not 'cease and desist.'

     
  • At December 20, 2006 4:26 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    So I've been clapping my hands and wishing and believing ever since you posted this, but I haven't seen Tinkerbell glimmer back to life yet.

    What gives?

     
  • At December 21, 2006 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Umm, does'nt TinkerBell die in the end? Is that in the original? And back in the day Special K was also known as Ketamine. Just noting. Cheers & Welcome back! 'VJ'

     
  • At December 21, 2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    schmoopie schmoopie schmoopie

     
  • At December 21, 2006 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm behind ya all the way. No dying. I've had enough death already. (says the guy is gonna kill his----change his---blog soon enough)

     
  • At December 30, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger kris said…

    you're doing fine, cookie! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters