DC Cookie

Monday, October 16, 2006

Indian Restaurants Don't Serve Sunday Brunch

For a woman who knows how to cook a grand total of three things, the pressure to entertain a man through his stomach can be burdensome. Thankfully the gentleman who currently occupies my meditations had as little patience for the kitchen on hangover Sunday as I do every day. Instead we meandered through the aisles of the local 'not for the price conscious' Whole Foods and purchased enough green beans and tabouleh to feed an Ethiopian village.

IMG_3219

In the crisp fall air we trespassed up a slippery hill to relax outdoors in a gazebo belonging to an apartment complex that wasn't mine. As he uncorked the modest bottle of pinot with a car key and my lip gloss, I felt like a teenager on an illicit rendez-vous with the boy next door. We drank from the bottle, ate sushi with our fingers and giggled like school children for the next hour. Chivalry will get you a second date, but making a woman who is pushing 30 feel like a carefree adolescent for a brief afternoon will [eventually] win you her heart.

10 Comments:

  • At October 17, 2006 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    (sigh) I so know what you mean.

     
  • At October 17, 2006 8:04 AM, Blogger JordanBaker said…

    I'm so intrigued by the idea that lipgloss can be used in the opening of wine. Such a boy scout move.

     
  • At October 17, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said…

    So cute :) I haven't had a date like that in forever!!!

     
  • At October 17, 2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I knew I should have started going to those blog happy hours! Is that where you met this guy?

     
  • At October 17, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Anonymous - I won't talk about where we met until he has a nickname. To earn a nickname, there have to be several more of these stories.

    JB - It was really a genius move. The key punctured the cork to let the air flow and the lip gloss helped push the cork into the bottle. Be still my heart ;-)

    Twoste - Perhaps.

     
  • At October 17, 2006 12:03 PM, Blogger KassyK said…

    :-) That is so adorable. HA! I knew romance wasn't dead...it doesn't have to be elaborate--just something simple like making someone giggle and talking as old friends.

     
  • At October 17, 2006 2:05 PM, Blogger Tyler said…

    Oh wow... that sounds fabulous!! Yay for Cookie!

    I really miss having dates like that...

     
  • At October 17, 2006 2:34 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    While I'm sure you had a great time, and that pleases me, no offense when I say that food looks terrible.

     
  • At October 17, 2006 3:15 PM, Blogger kris said…

    Good for you Cookie. You deserve those giggles!

     
  • At October 18, 2006 1:51 AM, Blogger Namaste said…

    oh! oh! it's magic!

    oh! oh! the namaste is happy for this.

    do you hear the rumble? i think she may be dropping in to check on this situation quite soon...!!!

    eeeeeeee!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters