DC Cookie

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Ex-Factor

IMG_0208
Whose big idea was it to order drinks with the words 'car' and 'bomb' in them? Oh yeah...mine.

Spending time in a bar that my boyfriend has been frequenting for 12 years means that there is bound to be some serious history associated with the location. And by history, I mean, ex-girlfriends. I expect that when I wander the photo-plastered rooms with my vodka tonic in hand, that I'll spot his handsome face on display more than once. During a lazy Sunday afternoon at said watering hole this past weekend, I was chatting with a new acquaintance when a photo of Charming Fellow and his most recent ex popped up onto the revolving photo screen behind the main bar. I pointed out the picture saying "Hey look, there's Charming Fellow and his ex." My drinking buddy said, "Wow, does that bother you?" to which I replied "Not at all!" He was shocked.

But think about it. Why on earth would something like that phase me? "Oh my god, you mean, I'm not Charming Fellow's first girlfriend?" Good! First, neither of us are exactly what you'd call spring chickens, and all the issues and pitfalls that prevented any of our last relationships from working have, thus far, made us strong enough to succeed at the one we're in.

And second, his ex is a beautiful woman. I know a lot of chicks who would probably feel intimidated or insecure by that fact, but I find it flattering. If Charming Fellow committed to a woman that pretty in his past, and now he's committing to me, in my books it implies by default that I'm of the same physical caliber; an honour that is both humbling and confidence-boosting.

Besides, I'm already well on my way to making a significant mark on the walls myself. My life and dating philosophy? That was then, this is now. Period.

Here's to many more pictures just like these...

12 Comments:

  • At March 20, 2006 8:30 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said…

    dewey beach yes? i def need to go there.

     
  • At March 20, 2006 9:23 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Your boobs could *not* look better in the "already" shot.

     
  • At March 20, 2006 10:35 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    My policy has always been not to ask too many questions about the past. It's really the present and the future that matter most.

     
  • At March 20, 2006 11:06 PM, Blogger Namaste said…

    sooooooooo sorry i missed the joy ride.

    i love that pink shirt~!

     
  • At March 20, 2006 11:30 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I LOVE the "my" picture. The fact that you can pose like that on a second's notice is a true talent, far above and beyond anything those "ex-girlfriends" are capable of! You are hilarious!

    Oh, there's a guy in a pic with you and charming fellow who I should ask you about. Meow!

     
  • At March 21, 2006 4:58 AM, Blogger Drunken Chud said…

    dammit kathryn you beat me to it. grrrr. but she's right. wow.

    and i am of the same mind set as you. he/she's an ex for a reason. and if he's hot, then sucks to be him to have lost his girl to a fatty. w00t!

     
  • At March 21, 2006 9:13 AM, Blogger cs said…

    Is that a bar or a fraternity basement? Snark.

    Your attitude is incredibly healthy. It's something I could only hope to aspire to.

     
  • At March 21, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Rina said…

    i totally agree that it's flattering when you see your man's beautiful ex.

     
  • At March 21, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Sparklebot said…

    You have the most consistently documented drinking history of anyone I know ;)

     
  • At March 21, 2006 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's see if my detective skillz are sharp:

    Kooky Mardi gras beads - check
    Plastic cups with Bud Light cozies - check
    A bar that is frequented for 12 years - check
    A bar that is frequented on Sundays - check
    Pictures on the wall of lots of regulars (no doubt kooky pictures) - check

    It can only be that pit of anonymous congealed black crud that sticks to your sandaled toes - The STARBOARD!

     
  • At March 21, 2006 5:23 PM, Blogger Beakerz said…

    babe, you HAVE to speak to my g/f! The part about a pretty girl and yet, he's with you...this is what I've been tryin' to say, but she just doesn't seem to wanna believe it or something.

    Btw, Car-bombs.....the best!

    "The best, Jerry. The best!"

     
  • At March 22, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Carrie Broadshoulders said…

    Okay - I had no idea your rack was so fucking fabulous. I'm gay but fuck, those tits are divine. I don't think you have any reason to even think about an ex of Charming Fellow's. A rack like that will make a straight man the happiest soul in the world.

    I wish I could have that attitude though. Anytime I saw a picture or something of my ex's ex, I always kind of pouted, looked down and wondered what the hell he was thinking dating me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters