DC Cookie

Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Beau Needs A Blog Name - Part I

As a child learning French, I found reading the quebecois Archie comics to be far more entertaining than Asterix and Obelix. I became hooked. To this day one might even find a comic or two stashed in my bathroom magazine rack. Although I always likened myself more of a Betty Cooper on the inside, there is no question in my mind that Veronica Lodge was the superior-looking vixen (which inadvertently contented me, given my own brunette locks).

IMG_0421
Archie and Veroni-cookie

It's no secret that I've been hunting for a blog name for my sweetheart since the moment we started dating; if for no other reason than it's emasculating to call a man 'sweetheart' so publicly on the regular. When I took this picture with the beau on a recent trip to Las Vegas, a lightbulb went off. Although he is not a redhead, he could be my 'Archie Andrews...'

archie1
Archie's undisputable preference.

So this is choice number one (the rest to be revealed in subsequent posts). In addition, all other thoughts and ideas are encouraged...

11 Comments:

  • At December 07, 2006 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know my vote! Definitely not Archie! Bah!

     
  • At December 07, 2006 12:36 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Your idea will morph into Post #2 :-)

     
  • At December 07, 2006 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ilooklikerickeygervaisbutImnotreallyhim.com

     
  • At December 07, 2006 2:34 PM, Blogger KassyK said…

    Hey Anonymous stole MY thing. :(

    www.doingthisdotcomthingismythingandnowiamsad.com

     
  • At December 07, 2006 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I lived on asterix and obelix in elementary school. every once in a while in the library I'll pick one up and find out how it is so much funnier than I remembered... of course, I think I also started reading them in spanish...

     
  • At December 07, 2006 3:01 PM, Blogger Drunken Chud said…

    hehehehehe veronicookie. that should be his name. oh the belly laugh i had at that. i'll wait for the other two to come out before passing judgement.

     
  • At December 07, 2006 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can I be Betty with you both???

    Given this site - maybe we should all rethink using "Betty" for anything but...well...you know...
    http://www.bettybeauty.com/

     
  • At December 07, 2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thumbs down on Archie. His face looks like someone famous, but I can't place it.

    PS. He CAN NOT have my blog name.

     
  • At December 08, 2006 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    www.davidbrentismystuntdouble.com

    :)

     
  • At December 08, 2006 4:31 PM, Blogger Mybrid said…

    I learned English from Asterix and Obelix, I have the entire collection of comics, plus a pencil and some keychain holders from Parc Asterix in Paris. Archie was also entertaining, and secretely I still buy those comics.

    I suppose the name Archie would fit, but I think your main-squeeze looks better than him.

     
  • At December 08, 2006 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Count me as along on the train of appreciation for Asterix and Obelix, they were simply great. Plenty of kiddies would not know any 'ancient' history w/o them!

    On the other issue, we really need a bit more info on the fellow to come up with a decent moniker, but here's some of my immediate takes & thoughts:

    1.) Why not Beau [Blank]? That's where more info would come in handy!

    2.) This years lucky so& so.

    3.) My fiancé. (I know, perhaps not a crowd fav.)

    4.) There's got to be something else in the classic comics genre, right?

    5.) But having a place he's from or a school he roots for, a strange habit or quirk, a glam old car, gives him something to differentiate him from all your past lucky errant BF's.

    In short, we're in need of more information. Cheers & Good Luck! 'VJ'

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters