DC Cookie

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

An Alpha In The Sheets

Now that I'm off the market I've been reflecting on Roosh's theories about alpha vs. beta males. I've been hesitating to post recently because I'm all-consumed in that dreamy state of mutual infatuation and want to refrain from propeling my readers to vomit in their mouths. The occasional vignette would be relatively innocuous, but otherwise I am certain the beau would prefer that his romantic gestures remain our little secret.

Jess with flower
Cookie gets a present.

The question I have been debating is this: What does society consider a man in love to be; an alpha, a beta, or a combination of both? If I understand Roosh's post correctly, the moment a man becomes enamoured of a woman, he is figuratively castrated. Of course, I disagree wholeheartedly. Women don't want to marry granola-eating, ballet-dancing, indecisive, driveling whipping-posts. A contented man is also a courageous man because he has that much more to defend.

The rest I will leave you all to debate amongst yourselves, as I have another rendez-vous with my tough guy.

12 Comments:

  • At November 22, 2006 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is the gayest picture ever!

    I am with you. It takes a man to be in love and be okay with it and say it. It's easy to be a player and run from being in love. There's nothing manly about taking the easy road. There's nothing easy about love.

     
  • At November 22, 2006 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Alpha and beta are very simplified personality types. A man in love isn't a personality type.

     
  • At November 22, 2006 11:33 PM, Blogger KassyK said…

    I agree with Anon...I've had an alpha man in love with me (and me with him) and he was still an "Alpha Male". But the guys that think once you fall in love you are "beta" just don't get it and all I feel is pity for them.

    Love the picture. :-)

     
  • At November 23, 2006 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That photo looks like a Renaissance "Madonna" painting. Great picture.

     
  • At November 23, 2006 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think dcb is suffering from pregnant and bare foot in the kitchen syndrome.

     
  • At November 24, 2006 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LMAO!!!! Tally Ho. The real issue? Why do men closing in on 30 want to perpetuate false stereotypes to discourage being a man and living a adult lifestyle. You know, the one like having a wife, having kids, paying a mortgage. I would wonder why a guy closing in on 30 wants to continue living and thinking like a 14-15 year old and not embrace adulthood. Its not gonna look cool being 45 living like a bachelor.

     
  • At November 24, 2006 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm....

    My thoughts are that an Alpha type is always going to be an Alpha type, and a Beta will following in accordance...

    (Insert the official "tiger claw" here.)

    Falling in love and being in a committed relationship is about assuming responsibility for your happiness and the happiness of the person you care for. It's about gaining, not losing. Although it does require some work...and some privacy.

    Go on, girl, Go'head get down...

     
  • At November 24, 2006 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this post goes very well with this one:

    http://charmingbutsingle.blogspot.com/2006/11/on-nice-guys.html

     
  • At November 25, 2006 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think it's best for men to assume a similar dynamic to the old "Madonna/Whore" complex--they should be Betas in public and Alphas between the sheets. :)

     
  • At November 27, 2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    That is a curious photograph...it looks like it was taken in 1939.

    I think it is possible to be in love with your lady and still maintain "alpha" status. You can do this by refusing to wash dishes, take trash out, make the bed, etc.

     
  • At November 27, 2006 4:25 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    It was just a cell phone self-portrait...funny it turned out the way it did.

     
  • At November 27, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Johnny said…

    Thats like saying whats hawter?

    Man in leather on bike?

    Book reading Starbucks type?

    :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters