DC Cookie

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Girls Come Out to Play [Lounge]

Play Lounge is a cheesy hell-hole. It's pretentious, it's expensive, it's humid, and it's SO last season. So why do I keep going back? After a day of drinking in the sun, then dinner and post-Gold Cup beverages in Arlington, when Namaste and I were debating where we wanted to shake our [significant] tooshies, my first and last thought was Play.

15 minutes later we were in line.

IMG_0930

16 minutes later, we were ordering a tasty RBV at the bar.

robot2

18 minutes later we were in the middle of the dance floor.

dancefloor

Here's the thing. The reason I still like Play is because people who go there get really, really wasted. You can dance like this, and nobody notices. You can let loose like it's your job and nobody will remember (well, provided you leave your camera at home).

If that's not enough to entertain you, there's also delectable, security-guard eye candy (who will, in fact, dance with you...and let you play with his...flashlight),

IMG_0932

Wasted, half-naked DIPs getting arrested outside the window,

IMG_0980

and Julia's right next door, which kicks the crap out of Jumbo Slice any 3am of the week.

Julias

Yep - it's guaranteed. I will continue to frequent the place until it shuts down, much to the chagrin of some of my blogging compatriots.

13 Comments:

  • At May 10, 2006 10:15 AM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I've never even been. "Pretentious" is not a way to get I-66 to appear.

     
  • At May 10, 2006 10:20 AM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I heart your awkward robot dance.

    And to think I went to sleep instead of joining in. Damn.

     
  • At May 10, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Phil said…

    This must be "sweeps" week at Cookie's, with all the outstanding photos.

    More! MORE!

     
  • At May 10, 2006 11:02 AM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Wait until you see what we did Sunday night, Phil.

     
  • At May 10, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger E :) said…

    OMG. Play is so pretentious. I've been twice... I swear I got dirty looks the first time because I wore my hair tied up.

     
  • At May 10, 2006 11:52 AM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said…

    LOVE Big Pizza!

     
  • At May 10, 2006 2:09 PM, Blogger O-FACE said…

    IMG_0958= Ms Roboto--Hilarious!! Look at all the people staring at you,lmao.

    Rule #59-If you own a nightclub, your bread and butter is the water down liquor you serve...So keep the heat on high to keep people drinking

    I like play, nice assortmants of chicas.

     
  • At May 10, 2006 5:01 PM, Blogger KassyK said…

    Play is SUPER cheesy but its also ALWAYS fun. Fun music, corny decor and BOOZE. And there is always some guy that wants to get with one of my hot friends each time we go...hence entrance into their VIP room and free liquor all night....FOR ALL OF US!! Now thats fun. Plus for the guys-they can hook up...most girls are so bombed they dont even know what is going on...Classy!!

     
  • At May 10, 2006 10:35 PM, Blogger roosh said…

    julia's gives me gas

     
  • At May 11, 2006 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That dude getting arrested is classic. I can see him coming to on Sunday morning, taking stock of his surroundings, and thinking "wait a minute, this isn't Glen Burnie"....

     
  • At May 11, 2006 10:55 AM, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Cheesy hellholes can be the best, as you've noted, Miss C. How wonderful to see Namaste again. I miss her blog.

     
  • At May 16, 2006 7:54 PM, Blogger El Guapo in DC said…

    I miss Namaste....

    EG

     
  • At May 18, 2006 10:24 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    So do I, mi amor. So do I.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters