DC Cookie

Monday, March 06, 2006

Scent of a Woman

I have a slight obsession with perfume, to the point where I feel naked if I don't leave the house wearing any. I love to smell like lilacs and vanilla. At the tail end of my showering and preparation ritual, I spray every exposed scent-zone with one of the 20 different perfumes that I own. Wrists, chest, throat, behind the ears, back of the neck, and sometimes ankles (scent rises). On Saturday nights, I'll even dust my clothing with my floral smell-goods.

Although my mother used to sneeze every time she hugged me following a fresh spritz (or eight), and my old roommate used to come in my room, sniff the air, and say "mmm...Cookie smell," I never considered my heavy perfume use a potential disorder. My scent choices are much lighter than the grandmas in the fur coats who leave elevators reeking of spiced musk.

But after this Saturday, I'm wondering if I need to re-learn the art of scent application. While lingering with a small group of new acquaintances, one of the men who was standing at least a foot away from me turned to me and asked if I was sporting Light Blue (I wasn't). He could smell me from that great a distance. Yikes! Then, several hours later I was seated on a bench waiting for the metro when the man at the polar opposite end of the bench asked me what scent I was wearing. Although both offered that I smelled delightful, I'm not sure that impressing men a block in the distance is the true intention for perfume.

9 Comments:

  • At March 06, 2006 2:03 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said…

    Ha...I love perfume, too. But I wish I could smell my own for longer. By noon I'm convinced I need more.

     
  • At March 06, 2006 2:03 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    I must say that I've not recalled smelling you in any particular situation. Then again, I think we've always been among beer and smoke.

    Even still, I have a pretty strong schnoz. Of course now I'm going to be trying to smell you the next time.

     
  • At March 06, 2006 2:52 PM, Blogger VP of Dior said…

    i, like 1-66, have a pretty strong nose and i don't believe i've smelled your perfume before. i've said before i love Dior perfumes but they are very strong. if someone else is smelling it from a mile away it might be time to cutback :) and you'll make your perfume last longer!

     
  • At March 06, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Of course we Playaz lather ourselves in the Brut 33, excluding the genital region (it burns!).

    Nothing excites a woman more than going home after a night with a Playa and smelling their musk for weeks afterward.

     
  • At March 06, 2006 7:43 PM, Blogger Jessamyn said…

    i love light blue but youd be hard pressed to find me without my burberry brit sig scent!!

     
  • At March 06, 2006 9:06 PM, Blogger Asian Mistress said…

    I've never noticed that you smell...

    ;)

     
  • At March 06, 2006 9:52 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    I love perfume too, but it makes me sneeze with allergies!

     
  • At March 07, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger cs said…

    20 bottles of perfume? I have two bottles, both of which are 10+ years old. I like to smell of axle grease and Italian subs.

     
  • At March 07, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Drunken Chud said…

    it really depends on the guys cookie. i mean, i have a killer sniffer. all of my friends have their own smells. i can identify whose clothes are whose by scent. and none of them have strong odors... well, one does, but that's a bathing issue. lol. but i can smell a light vanilla scent at a solid 3 paces on a good day. and that's on someone who i know used to only hit her wrists and neck with it. but god it was intoxicating up close. mmm mmm mmm...

    i'm gonna go now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters