DC Cookie

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Reading About Myself

I couldn't help it...

On 3/7/2006, Virgle Kent wrote [and Cookie added]:

"Deep into my blackout period I ran into an 'A' list DC blogger [who is even better looking in person than she is in her pictures] at Sign of the Wale [the humour of that particular typo is lost on everyone but me]. Another gay [small, crowded, annoying] midtown bar. Anyway I saw the A list blogger celebrity walking through the bar and I was like hey that’s that one blogger that 95% of other female bloggers try and imitate and stuff. I should say hi. It seemed like a good idea at the time. So I introduced myself, Hey you’re you and I’m Virgle Kent. Then before she said anything I got paranoid and started thinking to myself, 'what the fuck are you doing?' An interior dialogue was going on in my head of the possible scenarios that could possibly come of this [impossibly possible situation].

Scenario one: She has no clue who the fuck I am, so then I come off looking like one of those horny internet stalkers that have nothing else better to do with their life than read troll the internet. Hold up I am one of those horny internet stalkers. Shit!

Scenario two: She does know who I am and finds my material completely inappropriate and sexist. Then out of the fear of possibly being sodomized she pulls out her can of mace, sprays me in the face burning my retina and then kicks me in the balls. Shit maybe I should be nicer to girls on this blog. Nah, fuck that. [You forget, I'm friends with DCB. There is little you can say that will phase me.]

[Actual Scenario: On her way out the door of the bar to grab dinner, Cookie is stopped by a stranger who touches her exposed shoulder and says 'Excuse me.' Cookie thinks 'Ugh, another wasted guy trying to dance with me and get my number,' (these things happen frequently at bar crawls). Despite that, Cookie pauses for a second, because she's a compliment whore. V.K. had her at 'Are you DC Cookie?' Because that, my friends, was better than a 'you're hot' compliment any day, and definitely worth pausing for. Although Smash holds the title for first random sighting, this second recognition by Virgle Kent (and subsequent posting of the details) just inflated Cookie's narcissistic id into unchartered territories].

Instead I think she said that she actually has read my blog and she thought it was funny [confirmed]. Or she said that she read my blog and thought I was a dummy, or she might have even said cash rules everything around me, cream get the money. Dolla dolla bill ya’ll. In either case she was nice to me and didn’t spray me with mace. Her perfume was strong though [yeah, we're working on that]. Note to self drinking and making a good first impression do not mix. I truly hope I am not that drunk when I meet Brooke Burke."

[Kent-ster-ific - Hope to see you out at the happy hours sometime soon. I suspect the girls might have a thing for you... Although, in weak form, I won't be in attendance at this one, because I'm bailing for a hockey date. Priorities...]

10 Comments:

  • At March 15, 2006 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey - congrats on the Express mention/quote in the Blogs section!

     
  • At March 15, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Namaste said…

    really funny.

    And so fun to vicariously live through your famousness.

    A booty call is def. in order!

     
  • At March 15, 2006 12:29 PM, Blogger Miss Scarlet said…

    DC Bar Crawl + Sign of the Whale...you had a better experience than I usually do there. I often just make my way through the crowd, realize I'm at the back and then make my way back out again.

     
  • At March 15, 2006 3:41 PM, Blogger Foilwoman said…

    I saw you in the Express this morning and thought "Hey! I've read her blog!" Congratulations.

     
  • At March 15, 2006 3:49 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    How funny! And it was one of my least entertaining posts that was chosen.

     
  • At March 15, 2006 3:55 PM, Blogger The Boy said…

    "Another gay [small, crowded, annoying] midtown bar."

    What kind of hick wrote that?

     
  • At March 15, 2006 4:02 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    I believe by 'gay' he meant cheesy, not homosexual. An antiquated meaning for the adjective (in the same way that 'merry' is an antiquated meaning). The other adjectives I added to embellish/clarify.

     
  • At March 16, 2006 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "What kind of hick wrote that?"

    The same type of hick who would willingly drive into DC from somewhere in the suburban hinterlands to go to a bar crawl, of course.

     
  • At March 16, 2006 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cookie,

    Martin here. Very nice to meet the legend last night. ;) I got quoted in Express myself not long ago--we are the elite among bloggers. ;)

    Martin
    boztopia.livejournal.com

     
  • At March 17, 2006 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I got to meet you and you are definately cute enough to stalk and surely an A-List blogger.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters