DC Cookie

Friday, December 23, 2005

And This Is Your House on Christmas...

Welcome to the humble abode of Mr. and Mrs. Cookie, where you most certainly cannot mistake the season. What we're missing from the Canadian 'White Christmas' of the past, we have now more than compensated for with Southern California-style decor.

IMG_0690

IMG_0691

In the entrance way, there are 6 wreaths, 4 miniature Christmas trees, 20 garden candy canes, a 'Merry Christmas' flag and 9 snowmen. As you enter the house, there are at least 200 more cuddly holiday creatures to greet you, the most noteable of which are clearly the snowmen. I have counted 87 in the house so far (the 53 Santas were a distant second).

IMG_0709

IMG_0710

IMG_0703

I mean, what better place for a snowman than beside...the knife block?

IMG_0697

When you run out of room on the Christmas tree for the plethora of ornaments, what would you think to do with the extras? How about...hanging them in the household plants?

IMG_0708

IMG_0695

You know those little holiday prizes you take home from golf tournaments? Our house is full of them. Mrs. Cookie apparently doesn't do that whole 're-gifting' thing.

IMG_0716

IMG_0688

I'm not kidding when I say, Christmas literally came in the door, drank a few martinis at the wet bar with the 5 Santas hanging out there...

IMG_0705

took a big phat crap in the bathroom...

IMG_0689

and then tossed his Christmas eggnogg all over the house. There is not a single door handle, wall, nook, mantle, lamp, chandelier, banister, window, appliance, or piece of furniture unscathed.

IMG_0687

IMG_0693
Yes, those are golfing Santas

IMG_0696

IMG_0706

IMG_0725

IMG_0718

IMG_0717

IMG_0723

IMG_0724

IMG_0726

IMG_0711

IMG_0707

IMG_0700

Secretly though, I think it's really cute. Overdose most definitely, but still spirited and tasteful. There's a reason Christmas day is my favourite day of the year...because Mr. and Mrs. Cookie taught me how to celebrate it to perfection.

IMG_0699

18 Comments:

  • At December 23, 2005 9:28 AM, Blogger Jinxy said…

    I think I'm going to throw up.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 9:38 AM, Blogger Linz said…

    Cookie, that is so great! But you should see what my mom does...ever see the display windows at Bergdorfs? haha! i'll post a show and tell this weekend. Gotta love going home to a "Christmas House" as my mom likes to call it.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 9:54 AM, Blogger Asian Mistress said…

    Oh my. One day my house will look like that. But I can't even afford a Charlie Brown tree at this point.

    P.S. I LOVE the shelf in the second picture!!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 9:56 AM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    I am cracking up! I seriously thought about documenting the Xmas Crazy around my apartment building, then maybe all the santas at my dad's, but your parents' place is so far above and beyond I can't even begin to compare.

    Well done, Ma Cookie!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 9:56 AM, Blogger Jamy said…

    It's like Christmas exploded inside your house. Wow.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 10:32 AM, Blogger Mamma Bear said…

    And I thought MY mom went overboard :) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 10:53 AM, Blogger Namaste said…

    omg! it was endless!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 10:57 AM, Blogger Phil said…

    I love it!

    However, if it was my house and I had to be the one to help put away all that stuff when xmas is over, I think I'd have to end my own life.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 11:15 AM, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Cookie? I love this. Your parents have really got the spirit. You will be fighting your sister one day over who gets the Santa Claus toilet cover.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 11:24 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    I know! My sister and I figure we'll be getting packages of Christmas stuff in the mail soon. My Mom likes to get new stuff every year and I honestly believe we're out of room. The only solution? Send stuff to the kids and buy more. HA!

    In Canada we seriously used to have just a big ol' tree and a few bows. This is the LA influence, I'm telling you.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 11:41 AM, Blogger Tyjen said…

    i'm thoroughly shamed. i'm going to give up now.

     
  • At December 23, 2005 1:19 PM, Blogger ryguy9296 said…

    Your family has the best dining rooms! Between this and the Thanksgiving pics I am convinced that dinner tastes better on those fantastically decorated tables.

    Merry Christmas, dude!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 2:08 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Did I mention the home phone currently rings "We wish you a merry Christmas" too??

     
  • At December 23, 2005 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love love LOVE the decorations! Especially the Santa Toilet seat cover! ha ha
    Merry Christmas, Cookie!

     
  • At December 23, 2005 6:41 PM, Blogger Stef said…

    Oh my God! I'm cracking up.... those pics are hilarious, and that Santa toilet cover takes the cake. (Strange metaphor, I know, but go with it.) Mom and Pop Cookie certainly do know how to get into the spirit!

     
  • At December 25, 2005 7:41 AM, Blogger playfulinnc said…

    This makes me want to drink too much coffee and run amuk through the mountains of ribbon and shreds of wrapping paper.

    How fun!

     
  • At December 25, 2005 3:11 PM, Blogger Sharkbait said…

    It's great that you secretly love it, because I do too.

    Merry Christmas Cookie!!!

     
  • At December 26, 2005 2:25 PM, Blogger Chief Slacker said…

    I love the big headed snowman stuffie. very cute :O) And where the heck do you store all of this stuff or is it Xmas there all year round? :O) Happy Holidays!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters