DC Cookie

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Sleeping Cookie Meets Prince Charming Fellow

**A title for which I owe copyright infringement royalties to Namaste.

Charming Fellow entered my life as an acquaintance. I met him at a charity event at a local bar one balmy March afternoon. He was a tall, dapper, clean-shaven, UVA-educated gentleman with a canorous, raspy voice, but my thoughts were focused elsewhere at the time, and he had a girlfriend. We exchanged numbers with no underlying romantic purpose. He soon became an acquaintance I looked forward to seeing out on the town.

Charming Fellow is one of those high-quality, monogamy-enabled, sexy men you want to bring home to your Mom. So when his relationship ended, I immediately offered to introduce him to the ARL girls. It’s my gut instinct to try to play matchmaker for the exemplary; again, with no underlying romantic intention.

And then October came. The humidity waned, the winds cooled, the leaves reddened, and Charming Fellow offered me an extra ticket to a big concert down in Hoo-ville (Or perhaps I requested the ticket? I digress). He arrived at my door precisely on time, garbed in a freshly pressed office shirt and tie. He smiled and I melted. There was something in the air that evening. Throughout the riotous guitar noise, when he put his hand around my waist and pulled me close to utter something in my ear, I wondered why I hadn’t considered him before. For the rest of the evening I could barely keep my eyes away from him. Sleeping Cookie had been awakened from her slumber. Over the next few weeks, I understood that this winter was going to be much, much warmer than the last one. Simply put, Charming Fellow has taken my breath away. We just…click.

21 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters