DC Cookie

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

What I Learned This Weekend

Sorry for the lack of posting. Kathryn even jokingly suggested my blog is getting a little bit stale. 5 days is a long time without a substantive post. Apologies. My excuse? I visited Namaste (who, coincidentally, writes one of the best blogs I've ever read) in Charlottesville this weekend. Wiz and I were going to the Stones concert on Thursday anyway, and I had to be back down for student interviews on Monday, so I figured it made more sense just to stay there for the entire weekend. I made the right choice. The weekend provided me with that sense of inner peace I've been seeking for the last few months in my hustle and bustle.

UVA_Rotunda

I graduated six years ago, but I believe my heart is still at UVA. Every time I enter the city limits, my heart beats a little bit faster. Every time I drive by the Rotunda, I sigh and smile. Every time I walk down the Lawn I feel like a student again and my entire intellectual being craves that inundation of knowledge. Every time I smell the beer-encrusted floor of the Biltmore, it's as if I never left...

Not to mention, I got to share the flood of memories with the woman who is, in all likelihood, my soulmate. Not in the romantic sense, of course. But in the spiritual sense, definitely. There isn't anything I can't say to her. We met as college waitresses, at a point in our life when we were maybe naughtier than we should have been. Usually party friends like that come and go, but not this one. The reason? She listens, she understands, and she never judges. We've come to know each others darkest secrets and we keep them locked away. She's alluring, deep, grounded, and wildly intelligent. I heart you too Namaste! (By the way - I wonder if your Arab boyfriend from Red is still looking for you by that name...)

becca pic

To conclude, I think I'll just summarize this weekend's most comical moments:
  1. Drinking a 22 oz. Bud from a plastic bag while walking down the Lawn towards the Stadium for the Stones concert. Ghett-ooo fab.

    ghetto jess

  2. The 'bomb threat' in Charlottesville, and the entire stadium doing the 'wave.' You have to be kidding me (on both fronts)...

    Jess at Stones

  3. Namaste helping to conspire with me to write some very lewd text messages. I swear girl, we're trouble together.

    Becca, Jess

  4. Namaste and I deciding that when we have children, they're probably going to hump each other.
  5. Watching some toothless 'members' waltz into Club 216 while Namaste and I, clearly the two most attractive women (or people, for that matter) in line, got the boot.
  6. My first ever yoga class. I thought it would be a breeze. I'm still sore.
  7. Seeing my first year suitemate at her big ol' house in Waynesboro with her two gorgeous children. Wow. I have friends with two kids. My friends are all growed's up. Maybe one day I will be too.
  8. Grills with ice cream from White Spot. No really - 'fried' Krispy Kreme donuts. Do those things need any more grease? White Spot thinks so.

    grills with icecream

  9. Having a tadpole moment.
  10. Sharing a fantastic bottle of rioja with my girl.
  11. Telling drunk Jesus that he had to meet us for our 'yoga hike' at 6am the next day.
  12. Moving towards the door of Atomic Burrito when the band's lead singer (who was a dude wearing a leopard print mini skirt) started moshing. Woah...
  13. Indulging in Zazu's and Arch's and then having 'stomach issues' at the exact same time as Namaste. I'm telling you, our Scorpio stars are aligned.

Rest assured, my next visit to Charlottesville will be sooner than Foxfield.

23 Comments:

  • At October 11, 2005 1:47 PM, Blogger Heather B. said…

    Most definately agree with #6 on that list. Also with what going back to your former college feels like. Despite the fact that I graduated in May from AU and that going to Tenleytown isn't really considered an actual trip, I get giddy once I hit where Mass and Wisconsin meet. I miss it even though, I've gone all of five miles away.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 1:53 PM, Blogger The Senator said…

    Who is anyone to say your blog is getting stale?

     
  • At October 11, 2005 1:54 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said…

    Sounds like the perfect weekend, minus the mosh pit and tummy upsets. Charlottesville is a fantastic place. Everyone that I've ever met from there is tres cool.

    P.S. I love, love, love the ghetto fab paper bag moment. Class with dash.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 1:58 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Anyone but you my dear Senator...

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:01 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Why is it that the best times with the best girlfriends always include some combination of ghetto fabulosity, rioja, lewd texting, and oversharing info? Loves it.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:04 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    And sometimes, intentional over-the-clothes second-base-ing. Hee hee.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:05 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Like OMG who does THAT?!? heh heh heh

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:18 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Just a guy who resembled the stereotypical 'Jesus' images we see in so many period paintings.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:34 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    waaaait... did you have a Gusburger?

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, I got you a ticket to THE ROLLING STONES and drove to Charlottesvile, and SHE gets to second base? I'm hurt! ;)

    Just kidding, that was a great night all around. I'm jealous that you got to spend the weekend.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:35 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Gusburger...sadly - no. And I only took three bites of the 'grills with icecream.' Too much grease for that time of night.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:41 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Wiz - if you'd like, I'll fondle your chest too next time we're out. Although it's really not that sexy when I do it to Kathryn.

    Thanks for the ticket, of course! It's fun being at UVA with someone who appreciates and loves it the same way I do.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:45 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Sad, but true. Now, at the end of a night out, Cookie will say, "hey, I haven't groped you yet," then she'll fulfill her obligation. We're so old and boring.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Namaste said…

    Hey Wiz--How's it feel to be "Charming Fellow"? Such a shame that you couldn't stay longer.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 2:54 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    Gusburger = greatness

    Playing football on the field at Lambuth in front of the empty stands = faux greatness

     
  • At October 11, 2005 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I certainly hope you 'motor'ed or 'double-gussed' it at the White Spot. Where the F* is Elvis?

    ;-)

     
  • At October 11, 2005 3:18 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Nope, but I double fisted...

     
  • At October 11, 2005 3:58 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Fried donuts with icecream sounds like the greatest meal ever.

    Did anyone else think "Minnie Driver" when they saw Cookie in the Harvard shirt?

    If you hate Minnie Driver, Cookie, then I definitely did not think that.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 4:04 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Why would I hate Minnie Driver? Curly, raven hair and she's hooked it with some of Hollywood's hottest hotties. Go Minnie.

    The shirt was a present from my sister who is attending business school there. Smartie pants...

     
  • At October 11, 2005 4:08 PM, Blogger Linz said…

    i do like me some Charlottesville (and i'm not even a priviledged UVA grad!) Guilt by association, though ;o)

     
  • At October 11, 2005 4:49 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Well, you never know. One of the Blackberry Debutantes said they hated being compared to Kirsten Dunst.

    UVa & Harvard. Smarts just don't run in your family do they? ;)

     
  • At October 11, 2005 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Namaste,

    I didn't have a chance to thank you in person, so "Thanks for letting me stay at your house". As miserable as I was driving back to work Triday morning, I would have been much more miserable coming back late night Thursday.

    Chris
    PS I love the Goth Nurse photo in your bathroom.

     
  • At October 11, 2005 7:37 PM, Blogger Namaste said…

    Ah, Wiz...you are certainly a man of exquisite taste.

    My house is your house. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters