DC Cookie

Monday, October 24, 2005

How To Make a Cookie Salty

I ate brunch at Teaism in Dupont on Sunday. Not quite as heart-warming as homemade bacon and eggs, but the chai is phenomenal. I spotted this poster in the window of the store and thought it was humourous.

Salty Cookie

Back to the title, how 'does' one make a Cookie salty? 99% of the time, this Cookie drips with ooey-gooey, sugary sweetness and smiles. It takes a LOT to make my temper flare. Remember, I'm powdered with an ESFJ conflict aversion and spiced with the desire to make everybody happy. But it's possible to make me angry. How? Be Sears. Maintain an appliance repair power over me to fix the household dryer that has been busted for 2 weeks, and dangle that knowledge in front of my face like a 3rd-grader singing 'nana nana boo boo, whatcha gonna do about it?' You know I can't call another contracter, the bitch-ass machine is under warranty, so you just make me sweat it out. Finally grace me with an appointment where I have to miss a morning of work, but still be up and waiting by the door at 8am for the omnipotent serviceman to arrive when he pleases. Then, don't show up. Then tell me the appointment was never in the books. Oh yes, that will put a frown on Cookie's face and brown her edges. But if you'd really like to see her burn, tell her she can't get an appointment for another week and a half.

Poor phone-service lady. She didn't even see it coming.

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters