DC Cookie

Monday, October 31, 2005

Halloween Weekend

Happy Halloween y'all - yee-haw!

Jess

Friday: Swoon! I love when curl up on the couch movie nights turn out better than expected.

Saturday: I was lucky to make it back in time from an office-related wedding to throw together a last minute costume (see above) and race over to the Ballroom. Of course, by the time I got there, there were already 200 people in line. This is when it pays to be a flirt. I know someone who used to work there who I used to wink at and kiss his cheeks every time he made me a drink. I shot him a quick text message to see if he'd be there. Thankfully, he was. He called me back, pulled me out of line, and brought me through the back entrance/employee door. My friends and my crush were all inside already, and I'm not sure I would have gotten in otherwise. Thanks M! You were my hero of the evening. The party inside was insane and it would have sucked to miss it. I always think Halloween is cheesy, until I'm begrudgingly dressed up and end up having a fabulous time. Note to self: put more effort into next year's costume.

Sunday: After brunch and driving around with the top down, I went to the Kanye West concert at the Patriot Center. I met this cool-ass Canadian chick at the most recent blog happy hour who had an extra ticket to see the show last night and invited me. Catciao can say all he wants about our blog happy hours being for haters, dweebs and ugly bitches - he'd retract that statement if he saw this girl in person. She is ab-fab, Montreal-inspired groovy chic, and tons of fun. Then again, she doesn't write a blog. I owe ya one, girl!

kanyewest_polo

And what can I say about Kanye? The kid wears white suits and polo shirts while he performs; he raps clearly, passionately and non-violently; he has a DJ, a drummer, a keyboard player, talented back-up vocal support, guest appearances, and a 6-piece string ensemble (including a harp); his set is completely unique with uber-creative, psychadelic lighting; and he intermixes classic vocals as the transitions between his songs. You don't even have to like rap to appreciate that kind of a show. HAAAWT! I don't care how ridiculous his ego is, he just took Ludacris' spot as my not-so-secret celebrity crush. I ain't a gold digger, but I'll be one if you want me to be, Kanye...meow!

kaynewest_vmed

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters