DC Cookie

Monday, August 08, 2005

Virginia is for Lovers...and Lushes


The Day-time:
Oasis Winery Landscape
Could Virginia be any more beautiful? I've never been to Napa Valley or France, but I have been to Temecula and I've sampled a lot of wine in my lifetime. I have to say, Virginia makes wonderful wine. Really, who would have known? I went wine-tasting on Saturday and can't imagine a much better way to spend a day. My [new] friends and I hit five vineyards in the rolling hills of the Blue Ridge mountains, sampled over 25 different varieties of wine, and came home with a lot of great stories and 15 fabulous bottles of wine for upcoming dinner parties. Anyone want to host?
Winos
At Rappahannock Cellars. We don't look rowdy, but we were. Winos are like that. Classy by appearance only. 5 tastings later though...

The Night-time:
B-Movie Girls
What do you get when you put a birthday girl and a horrible tarot card reading together? A script for a B-movie (LMR to write, cast and direct) and lots of cleavage (aka boobies galore)! Robin and I are expert lushes, but add the luscious birthday girl to the mix for one night and mayhem ensues. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kathrynon!! The rest of the pictures will remain where they belong - just in the group.

9 Comments:

  • At August 08, 2005 12:43 PM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (x infinity)!

    You were such a wonderful guest, friend, chauffeur, B-movie costar.... The best birthday ever, my love. Thank you.

     
  • At August 08, 2005 1:46 PM, Blogger Mamma Bear said…

    TOO FUNNY! Love it, love it, love it. Have another drink - or 10. Yes, Jessica we are the professionals, but Kathryn is a good apprentice ;o) HA!

     
  • At August 08, 2005 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jessica, you made my day – great job on posting that.
    Thank you, for being such great inspiration for my campy B-movie’s initial photo shoot.
    Halle Barry, Jenna Jameson, and Lucy Lawless (Xena)s’ agents are blowing up my cell, at this very moment.
    Who would have thought the women I envisioned in your b-movie roles, would express such a G-I-G-A-N-T-I-C interest.(KT-please don't fall backwards this time)

    I laughed so hard on Saturday, I could barely drink.Lushes and Lovers Unite in VA. It’s a great freakin’ state
    Although, DC is my favorite local venue to play... I gotta says VA has great wine & great lovers.

     
  • At August 08, 2005 2:34 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    A repeat is in order...and soon!

     
  • At August 08, 2005 3:08 PM, Blogger Mamma Bear said…

    Well we do need another party, you have lots of wine to drink up :o)

     
  • At August 08, 2005 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tina, Beef, Applebee's...wine tasting was a blast.

     
  • At August 10, 2005 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what wineries did you get to? Veritas is a new favorite of mine, down outside charlottesville. and if you're ever near the roanoke/blacksburg area, take a trip down skyline drive to chateau morrissette for an open house or one of their monthly jazz fests. the views alone are worth the drive, and the wine isn't too bad either!

     
  • At August 10, 2005 2:26 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    We went to Naked Mountain, Stillhouse, Oasis, Rappahanock Cellars and Linden. I want to say R.C. was my favourite of the 5.

     
  • At January 10, 2006 3:48 PM, Blogger Tyler said…

    I am a big fan of R.C. also!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters