DC Cookie

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Catty Bitches

Women can be so unnecessarily catty sometimes. I don’t get it! For the most part, isn't the issue between you and the guy? Why hate on the next women he’s with?

Case in point. I went to a salsa dancing lesson last night with my friend Austin (insert wise-crack here about that statement of friendship, and again, I’ll prove my Harry/Sally argument). Hilarious guy, totally has his shit together, but…this boy is a player. Which isn’t to say he’ll never commit to someone fabulous, but since he hasn’t found her yet, he plays. And why not? Women let him. At any rate, we’re sitting at the bar having a glass of wine when he looks past me and says “uh oh, don’t look.” When someone says ‘don’t look’ instinct is to turn around immediately, which is what I did. Walking past us were two relatively attractive girls. Of the two, apparently Austin had ‘dated’ (I use the term very loosely) the brunette off and on, although each ‘date’ was entirely physical, including the first. Things were clearly going nowhere from the beginning, and from what I understand, the ‘relationship’ ended when she stood him up and he told her to lose his number. Not that pretty, but in essence, she was the ass. Besides, this happened a while ago. You would think she’d be over it.

Why then, when the brunette spotted him, and subsequently me sitting with him, did I get the iciest, nastiest stares for the next hour? Is this MY fault? Although I couldn’t hear it, I can pretty much guarantee this was the conversation:

Brunette: Ugh, there’s Austin, he’s such a jerk.
Friend: What is up with that girl he’s with? Nice outfit, what…did you just come from the office (yes, as a matter of fact, I did)?
Brunette: She’s totally not even cute, he’s stretching. Toootally pressed. Too bad I stood him up and he has to dig in the doghouse now (high fives Friend and laughs).
Friend: Look at her giggling at his jokes (actually, I’m smiling at how sad it is that you feel you have to make fun of me), she is so desperate.
Brunette: Yeah, and nice hair, whatever, who is her stylist, Medeusa? Please!
Friend: Whatever, she can have him, you are SO much better off…

Etc. etc. I just wanted to smack them! Grow up! Women have enough issues with men that we don’t need to be dogging each other too! Unless some woman went blatantly out of her way to steal your man, trust me…it’s not the woman’s fault the guy doesn’t want to be with you. Get over yourself and find someone who actually cares about you instead of attempting to feel better by making fun of the other women your ex chooses to date. Especially when the girl he’s with might not even be his date!!!

Stupid ho-bags. You are definitely not allowed in the A.R.L.

19 Comments:

  • At August 04, 2005 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hehe. I love it when women call other women "ho-bags."

     
  • At August 04, 2005 12:33 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    could also have said asscorn.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 12:33 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    SHOULD have said asscorn.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 12:36 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    Seriously now... I took salsa lessons at the C Grill for a few weeks and the teachers (and students) made the incorrect assumption that my partner and I were g/f-b/f. It's like you can't go somewhere with a member of the opposite sex without being confused for being "with" them. Sure, salsa-ing is a bit more friendly than just walking down the street or having a beer.. but please.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 1:03 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said…

    As wonderful a word as 'asscorn' is, I feel that the delicate term "slitch" would've been by far most appropriate.

    I like it when people wear their immaturity on their sleeves like that, though. Stare me down all you like . . . just don't pretend to be friendly if you're actually looking for a space between my ribs wide enough for the Bowie Knife to fit through.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 1:29 PM, Blogger Johnny said…

    see, if you were a guy, you'd call up your buds and wait for them in an alley out back.

    :D

     
  • At August 04, 2005 1:36 PM, Blogger Mamma Bear said…

    Well, I made fun of the exexex's woman, but not to her face - or even when she was in the same room - that would just be mean. In the end it is all wasted energy either way and it better to focus on something positive, like the drink in front of you ;o)

     
  • At August 04, 2005 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    women can be the worst - i have met too many jealous, insecure and don't have your back friends in DC. Therefore, value the quality ones and time ends up laying all the cards on the table.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Most males don't get jealous, that's a female trait.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 2:58 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    ::bats eyelids:: I've definitely done it too, but always with the disclaimer that it's not really her fault...

     
  • At August 04, 2005 3:30 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Cookie, what you need is a tattoo that says "love" on the knuckles of one hand and "hate" on the knuckles of the other, then the next time some asscorn ho-bag gives you some sh**, you simply walk over and say:

    Ah, little lady, you’re staring at my fingers. Would you like me to tell you the little story of right-hand/left-hand? The story of good and evil? H-A-T-E! It was with his left hand that old brother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-O-V-E! You see these fingers, dear hearts? These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man. The right hand friends, the hand of love. Now watch, and I’ll show you the story of life. [Cookie interlocks her hands] Those fingers, dear hearts, is always a-warring and a-tugging, one agin t’other. Now watch ’em! Old brother left hand, left hand he’s a-fighting, and it looks like love’s a goner. But wait a minute! Hot dog, love’s a winning! Yessirree! It’s love that’s won, and the old left hand hate is down for the count!’

    Then, punch the b*tch in the face.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 3:39 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    I dunno. My ex is donkey poo, but his new girlfriend is pretty awesome. Don't think I could ever talk crap about her. Besides, I give the poor thing a year, tops, until she and I are clinking wine glasses to how much stronger we are now...

     
  • At August 04, 2005 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, when I see an ex with a new guy, I'm usually feeling sorry for at least one of them. He's dating a b*tch and/or she's dating a toolbag.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Night of the Hunter??? Phil??? You continue to amaze. This man knows his movies.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 5:05 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    WC - Yes. I could have gone with the more urban version in "Do the Right Thing", but figured I should go with the classic.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    DC Cookie...they are just jealous of you because you are gorgeous and classy and unlike her...he is interested in you.

     
  • At August 04, 2005 6:47 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    That's funny. I'll have to tell him you said that. He'll laugh...

     
  • At August 05, 2005 10:45 AM, Blogger Mamma Bear said…

    Women are bitches, men are idiots with a penis. That is all there is too it :)

     
  • At August 05, 2005 11:35 AM, Blogger VP of Dior said…

    I've definitely been catty, but giving blatant nasty looks his uncalled for and shows no class. But you are bad-ass so fuh-git-abood-it.

    I agree it's hard for people to understand that you could be out with a male who is just a friend. I don't have to hump every male I know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters