DC Cookie

Friday, July 22, 2005

End of an Era

Jess, April, Lauren at Modern

It was such a strange feeling to come home last night to a virtually empty living room, 1/2 empty cabinets and drawers, no TV, no DVD player, no pepsi in the fridge, no frozen pizza in the toaster oven (which was also gone), no blue towels in the laundry, an empty bedroom upstairs, and worst of all....no A (my wonderful friend and roommate for the last 5 years)! My other roommate L and I looked at each other and just about cried (actually, I think L might have already been crying before I got home from work).

Jess, April, Lauren at Flip Cup

Although we've been prepared for A's amicable departure for several months, the reality never quite sunk in. Okay, I realize she only moved 20 minutes away, and we'll still be seeing her every weekend (our couch is your couch babes), but I've lived with the girl for 5 years!! It's just not going to be the same. ::Sighs::

Jess, april, Lauren at J's Birthday

A - WE MISS YOU ALREADY!!

3 Comments:

  • At July 24, 2005 7:53 AM, Blogger caasmom said…

    It is indeed the sad end of an era. We love ya A! Hang in there dc and L, I would love to be your roomie (but obvious reasons prevent that) and anyone who makes the cut not only is the luckiest person in DC but has some super sweet shoes to fill!

     
  • At July 24, 2005 11:57 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Funny - got back from Dewey today, and I looked at L and said "I'm surprised A isn't back yet, she left before us." Only to realize about 30 seconds later that A wasn't there because...she doesn't live with us anymore! D-uh!

     
  • At July 25, 2005 9:24 AM, Blogger GwenMarieDC said…

    I'm going through the same thing this weekend! I'm totally unprepared. My roommate turned closest close friend is leaving us, but sadly she is going to California for school, so we can't still play on the weekends. Heart ache has set in...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters