DC Cookie

Thursday, June 16, 2005

What is A.R.L.?

I guess I should explain what the heck A.R.L. is. Ten of the ladies were out for restaurant week in January '04. We had such a great time that we decided to make ladies' dinner a monthly event. Within a few months, the distribution for our dinner "club" had grown to over 50 awesome ladies, with at least 25 showing up to each dinner. From there, we joked that we should start our own organization, or "sorority," if you will. I was nominated President since I organized the monthly events, and Chrissy the VP for her strong recruiting skills. Secretary and Rush Chair are still up for grabs! Our choice of Alpha Rho Lambda is nothing more than the first 3 letters of the word Arlington, which is where most of us live. Ingenious, I know, and SO high-school. When I talk about A.R.L., I'm really just referring to the posse of fabulous DC women I roll with.

6 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2005 10:31 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    It was easy! 'Cause you're fabulous! Dave is a lucky dude...

     
  • At June 17, 2005 1:51 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Haha - the man-whore would LOVE that sorority...

     
  • At June 17, 2005 2:07 PM, Blogger caasmom said…

    As a long time member of ARL, I can say that is a privilage to be in such great company, espcially with dc cookie at the wheel. Its a great thing in life to have such a fabulous social coordinator! Thanks for all your hard work--love, BFF

     
  • At June 22, 2005 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Heart ARL! It's amazing the women who make FAB Arlington home! My group of friends in Arlington has grown to the 15 range...cabs LOVE us, "We have 12 ppl for Adams Morgan." We went to Dewey recently...the similarities in our groups are scary! Love the blog, doll! Smooches

     
  • At June 22, 2005 7:19 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    That's right P.I.P. We've probably seen each other out. Keep an eye out for us...

     
  • At June 27, 2006 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My penis is growing

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters