DC Cookie

Sunday, June 26, 2005

No, I Don't Want to Talk to You

You, the skeevy old man who tapped me on the shoulder at Sequoia yesterday afternoon, pretended to think that I was someone else, then proceeded to attempt to have a conversation with me. Hello! I'm sitting at a table talking to my girlfriends here, and I'm clearly not interested in getting to know you better. You're old enough to be my grandfather. What's with the white blazer? I'm nice, so I won't tell you to F-off, but when I respond in three-word sentences without even facing you, please take the hint. And no...I DON'T want your business card, what exactly gave you that idea? I didn't want to talk to you in the first place, so I sure as hell won't be calling you. Unless you just wanted to flash your expensive silver carrying case in hopes that I might change my mind about you. Do you do this often? You're pressed...

10 Comments:

  • At June 27, 2005 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i almost went to sequoia on sat evening.

    i almost had my arse pinched my haut lil canadien honeys.

    twins!

    :p

     
  • At June 27, 2005 9:42 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Those Canadians...

     
  • At June 27, 2005 10:35 AM, Blogger Kathryn Is So Over said…

    Did he tell you try to buy you a drink, pointedly mention he was staying at The Mayflower, and stare at your boobs? If so, he bugged me at Mackey's a couple of years ago. I wanted to throw up. All I could think about was Samantha seeing that old guy's naked ass... RUN!!

     
  • At June 27, 2005 10:35 AM, Blogger I-66 said…

    rule #1 that I follow as a male when it comes to offering my phone number and/or business card (of which I don't carry many and are secured within my wallet, not some fancy case): DON'T DO IT.

    if she doesn't ask for it, she probably doesn't want it. And business cards are for business.

    And while I'm here, perhaps you could humor me by helping me out with this: http://dcteams.blogspot.com/2005/06/farce-and-lie.html

     
  • At June 27, 2005 1:19 PM, Blogger The Captain said…

    Hey D.C., thanks for the post and the link on our blog. If you'd like, we can add you to our links section as well.

    Oh and I personally, as a young male in the D.C. area, hate it when old men hit on me as well.

     
  • At June 27, 2005 2:01 PM, Blogger I-66 said…

    Yes yes, I too say thank you for the link. We welcome you to our link family.

     
  • At June 27, 2005 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that the business card schtick really dated this guy. No, old man! With a white blazer! So scary.

     
  • At June 27, 2005 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    quiz!!

    title. author..

    if you could read my mind love
    what a tale my thoughts would tell
    just like old time movie
    bout a ghost from the wishing well

     
  • At June 27, 2005 7:38 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Gordon Lightfoot! Much love... Been re-made many times (e.g. Amber from the Studio 54 soundtrack)

     
  • At June 28, 2005 11:17 PM, Blogger caasmom said…

    Just be glad he did not corner you in a stairwell and stick his tongue in your ear....GGRRROOOSSSS!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters