DC Cookie

Friday, June 17, 2005

Disclaimer

It's been brought to my attention that my man-whore post was potentially offensive, so I wanted to add a quick disclaimer to say by NO means was that intended to be a stab at my near and dear friend F.T., in fact, I wasn't just talking about F.T. himself, but about all my man-whore friends in general, because I know many! Even my ex was a man-whore. That's not an insult is it? With that whole double standard thing... I was just trying to be funny. My only point was that if us women are going to slor ourselves out, why wouldn't my friends choose to be man-whores? Shoot, if I was a dude, I'd be a man-whore too!

5 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Linz said…

    girl, you are right on with the man-whore thing.... i don't know who could possibly find that offensive...i know many man-whores as well...they just can't help it.
    (i even heard of a guy getting a hand job in a crowded NYC subway car from a complete stranger after a Yankees game!! of coure he didn't stop the chick...i think that sets a new low standard) haha

     
  • At June 17, 2005 11:39 AM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Yeah - I didn't think men were sensitive about being sluts the way women are. It's all about social perceptions.

     
  • At June 17, 2005 1:07 PM, Blogger A Unique Alias said…

    As long as he's safe about it, I can't imagine why he would be offended. Same with the Ladies. An female friend of mine recently used the pick-up line:

    "Well, it was nice talking with you. Here's my phone number. Call me if you want to have sex some time."

    Very straightforward . . . her phone was ringing before she got out the door. Nothing but respect for that.

     
  • At June 17, 2005 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A disclaimer? Unnecessary, but totally understandable.
    Here's my opinion. If a guy can call a girl a whore in retaliation b/c she DOES NOT sleep with him OR if she only hooks-up with one or two guys, then why NOT call a guy a man-whore who openly flaunts his numerous "scores". If the shoe fits...

     
  • At June 17, 2005 2:27 PM, Blogger DC Cookie said…

    Disclaimer was necessary because he DOESN'T openly flaunt it. It's just something I know about and give him shit about.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
free webpage counters